The county hired C.H. Page & Brother Architects of Austin to design the 1914 Neoclassical courthouse. The Page Brothers emulated the style of the modest Records Building, already on the courthouse square, then expanded and transformed it into the graceful building that exists today. They added a three-story center block with imposing limestone columns and classical portico to house the sleek new double-height District Courtroom on the second floor. The West Wing matched the shape and style of the original Records Building, providing a three-part composition that accounts for the slender proportions of the courthouse as it was stretched to fill the center of the square
The actual visiting hours vary depending on the following factors:
The day of the week.
Where the inmate is housed.
The inmate's sex.
Whether or not it is a Holiday.
Each inmate is allowed one or two visits, ranging from 15 minutes to one hour in length each week. Inmates with special privileges are allowed additional visits.